Why Crystal Ball over other lone worker solutions
- Crystal Ball's Mobile LWP is a smart phone app that runs on your lone workers existing mobile handset, removing the need for them to carry an additional device.
- These additional devices, coupled with the required mobile data SIM contract are a significant unnecessary additional cost to your business.
- These additional devices need to be charged every evening in order for it to function correctly. With Mobile LWP the lone worker only needs to remember to charge one device, their mobile phone.
- With Crystal Ball, your system administrators have complete flexibility and control 24/7 to simply update devices and lone worker profiles as and when required. This is a major benefit over other solutions that require you to contact the supplier to carry out these changes which are vital when protecting lone workers.
- Mobile LWP provides company administrators and the lone worker with simultaneous updates regarding mobile data (GPRS) connectivity. This critical information is particularly important when lone workers are operating in areas of poor/patchy GPRS coverage.
Putting The Lone Worker In Control
Mobile LWP differs from many of the current lone worker solutions available, as it allows the lone worker to manage their own Routine Welfare Check (RWC) `sessions’, with the flexibility to extend or cancel the session at any time directly through the handset. All changes to lone workers welfare status is updated on the web based admin portal providing company administrators with full visibility at all times. A comprehensive historical log of all events is maintained on the admin portal providing a full audit trail.
Requesting Emergency Assistance
In an emergency situation, ‘panic’ alarms can be activated discretely on the mobile phone, even whilst the keypad is locked. Mobile LWP will also request assistance for the lone worker if they are unable to activate the panic alarm. This is done by the routine welfare check `timed out’ function, which automatically raises the alarm by dialling a pre-determined number and sending a SMS message with the lone workers location details.
Companies can choose whether to direct emergency calls internally or to a Cat ll Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) as the solution is completely flexible.
In addition, Mobile LWP panic alerts can be monitored by a BS5979 Cat II Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) if required. All compliant devices in conjunction with Mobile LWP have been fully tested and accredited to meet Lone Worker BS8484 code of practice.
Major benefits to employers include:
- No need for an additional device
- Addresses the Corporate Manslaughter Act 2007
- Addresses Health & Safety legislation
- Provides continuous welfare & safety 'check-ins'
- Provides real-time monitoring with live positional updates
- Provides full event history & audit trail